Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2017, 10:30 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 9,769 Times in 4,050 Posts
shocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by C-time View Post
I don't understand some people's hatred of Calipari. Is it because you think he is the only person who might be cheating? If that is your argument every single coach out there is walking as close to the line as they can, and if you don't believe that you are simply being naive.

Do I think Calipari has a lot of connections and uses them to his advantage? Yes. Could he possibly have broken some NCAA rules? Sure. As the saying goes "If you're not cheating, you're not trying!"

If Calipari wants to move to Dayton for a "retirement" job in a few years I would gladly take him as long as he keeps getting recruits.
From what I know regarding Calipari, the AAU/BigShots tournament circuit, recruits, and the funneling of money to him via family members...it would make you sick. I have close personal contact with people who have close ties to all of this and get accurate info. the big business of college basketball drives it and the real money comes from the funneling of college players to certain agents for the pro contracts. Not the money from getting kids to their school...but rather getting the big money once the kids go pro...and there aren't too many kids that funnel kids to the pros season after season.

Is he the only one that does it? Nope. He is a sleaze, no matter how you shake it.
Mad Props to shocka43 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Gazoo (05-20-2017)