Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2017, 11:19 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 3,787 Times in 1,933 Posts
Avid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Comparing Brian G and Archie they both came in as unkowns and took the program to a higher lever. Brian and his wife became entrenched in the community and it was apparent they loved it here and would have stayed the course had he not made some critical errors along the way.

Archie came with a whole different approach, not as easy to get to know and neither he nor his wife embedded themselves in the community. It was as if they were leaving the door open for the eventual move without having to say any farewells.

As with OP Archie saw Dayton as a great stepping stone to his dream job. He did well with what he had but wasn't all that great a recruiter, but was masterful with getting his players to buy into his system.

While Brian wanted Dayton to be the big job till MU opened up Archie was just marking time. But statements like "I'll be here as long as they want me" runs hollow when he left as he did. Brian was sincere, Archie was not.

Both made their impact on the program; Brian stumbled at his next gig, while we will have to wait and see how Archie does with a bigger gig.

John Miller made the statement Dayton was too hard to recruit for; for the short term AG and staff have steadied the ship and have it ready to sail.

Won't take long for either to make or miss their mark. If I were to gamble I'd put my money on AG.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Avid Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Cardsflyer (05-22-2017), skip69 (05-19-2017)