User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2017, 07:09 AM
Colonel

MikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by C-time View Post
Ask yourself this question. If UD had somehow cheated and gotten caught for something that would cause the NCAA to vacate the 2014 trip to the Elite 8 would you honestly feel any differently about it. You still got to go to Memphis and you still have all the great memories from that tournament run. The NCAA can't take that away from you just like they can't take away the memories from the 1996 Umass and 2008 Memphis runs. They can take away a banner but who really cares about that 25 years from now.
I work with a number of OSU graduates, most of them as you might expect being pretty big football fans. A few of them went to New Orleans for the 2011 Sugar Bowl which OSU won over Arkansas, but the win was later vacated. While all of them said they're disappointed the win was vacated and wish OSU didn't face the scandal it faced, they also said vacating the win after the fact in no way changed their memories of the trip. "Who cares what a record book says? I still had a blast and I watched my team win."
Mad Props to MikeF For This Totally Excellent Post:
C-time (05-18-2017)