Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2017, 02:18 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,290 Times in 1,310 Posts
CT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by shwag33 View Post
They might have had suspicions, but in the end there was never proof he didnt take the test. (As far as I'm aware) Even if they suspend him in the middle of the season, most likely the result is the same; they just don't go as far.
They didn't need proof once Memphis admitted they used an ineligible player and didn't fight it in any way.

I'm not sure the Camby situation was really Calipari's fault but the other thing they glossed over in the 30 for 30 is all the rumors about how he got Camby to go to UMass in the first place. Lots of shady rumors there too.

I don't begrudge him for embracing the one and done because a kid should be able to do what they want at that point and to be honest I think it has helped to level the playing field for mid majors. It's his recruiting methods that I think are the biggest issue. And he may well be clean now because he can get whoever he wants now but he certainly was no angel earlier in his career when it came to recruiting.