Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2017, 09:27 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,312 Times in 1,011 Posts
xubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Gazoo View Post
Character is what you do when no one is looking. I guess we know what to expect of you now.

Maybe we could use the word "forthcoming" instead of "honest".

OK, lots of "facts" out there brew, but my understanding of the situation is as follows:

1. Rose was one of the top, if not THE top, guard in the class.
2. Duke and other schools really wanted Rose.
3. Other schools mysteriously stopped recruiting the top guard in the class.
4. Cal had no issue recruiting him.
5. Somehow the top guard ended up at a mid-major.

Now you can put those 5 together and draw your own conclusion. I'm not 100% sure they're true but that's what I've gleaned from prior reading on this topic. So if you want to believe Cal is just an innocent victim here, that's fine. Plausible deniability is the key ingredient in Cal's secret sauce.
Who stopped recruiting Rose prior to him signing his LOI? I'm under the impression that Duke was recruiting him to the very end. But, to be honest, I don't follow recruiting all that closely, so I could be wrong. I haven't heard anything about anyone backing off of him, though. In fact I'm pretty sure that Duke offered him a scholarship, and the only reason they "backed off" of him is because he didn't sign it. Memphis offered him one and he signed that one instead.

Last edited by xubrew; 05-20-2017 at 09:33 AM..