Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2017, 09:57 AM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,363 Times in 2,463 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
I think this is one of those rare times things fall into place. This isn't a great tournament lineup. It's "ok" in my opinion. And, because we have so many unknowns and lots of "new" that this is looking to be a pretty smart scheduled tournament for this year's team.

I can play a lot of sides of the coin. If we go into Charleston and dominate every game, we will know we are ahead of the curve with this team and we will be looking at a run to win the A-10.

We go into Charleston and win the tournament, but are pushed by a couple teams, we will have a good base of knowledge of what we need to work on to compete in the A-10.

If we go into Charleston and pick up a loss or two, we will know this team and coaching staff has work to do to compete in the A-10. And, in the last case, how quickly they can take steps forward as a team will determine if they make it back to the NCAAs.

This will be a good chance to calibrate just where this team and program stands in mid-November with all the changes in the off-season. The only downside I see is if we are so far ahead of all expectations for how good we will be, that we blow everyone we play off the court. I don't see that happening, but if the team wants to prove me wrong...go for it. I'll be happy to eat my words because it means we are headed for a great season...not just this year, but for the next couple years.