Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2017, 03:41 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,244 Posts
C-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UdGrad2009 View Post
The new two way contract is brand new to the NBA, so I will not argue with your assessment because it will take a few years to see how teams use these two new roster spots. However, I believe it was designed to be a way for NBA teams to pick their best two young assets, not ready for their current NBA roster and keep them, as well as development them more than simply having them play a full season in the D-League. These two way contracts are virtually teams picking their two best talents on their D-League team. So if a player simply makes the D-League, the chances of moving up to the NBA just became even smaller.
The main question I have about Cooke signing with the Pelicans is where he will actually play in the G-league and how that team will use/develop him. The Pelicans will not have their own G-league team until the 2018-19 season so he will be playing for a team that the Pelicans have no control over. What's to stop the NBA team who controls the team he ends up on from telling their G-league team to play their own players more than a player from another organization. I'm okay with the 2 way contract and New Orleans seems like a team that is thin at the guard position, but New Orleans not having full control of a team worries me a little.
Mad Props to C-time For This Totally Excellent Post:
MNFats (07-31-2017)