Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2018, 07:15 AM
Academy Doolie

UD Rugby will become famous soon enoughUD Rugby will become famous soon enough
Zone

Originally Posted by CvilleFlyer View Post
Again, following a loss you want to place the blame on Anthony Grant! You are in a small minority that won't support him so let me tell you something: Last season we defeated George Mason 83-70 at the UD Arena. Sophomore Otis Livingston II, all 5'11" of him, was guarded by our senior Kyle Davis who made it a habit of locking down the best guard on the opposing team. Livingston II ended up with 9 points! Kyle has graduated and Otis Livingston II is now a junior with another year of experience. He dropped 29 on us tonight (I think that is who you were referencing in your above post). As far as I know AG used up his eligibility back in the 80's so he had to put either of the two freshman Jalen Crutcher or Jordan Davis on Livingston and try to guard him! Archie would have had the same dilemma also had he stayed!
Don't forget to mention that at one point, AG seemed to be utilizing some sort of 4-1 zone or 3-1 with a floater; either way, Mason destroyed it each time and got an open look. Yes part of good defense is on the player himself, but also a part of it is on the coach too. If the coach doesn't tell the player to stick on Livingston and make his life a living hell, then it may or may not happen.