Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: Crosby
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2017, 01:01 PM
Colonel

Ready Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by CraSch View Post
In a way, I understand Crosby saying "enough is enough" if he was getting disciplined for something he didn't do. NOBODY likes that. However, if this is truly what happened, then I feel he blew a great chance at showing some leadership. Point guards should be leaders, IMHO. This was a chance to show leadership in accepting the punishment because he is part of the TEAM, but to also get on those guys that caused it to point out such conduct that causes punishments is unacceptable and he will do his best to help them avoid such conduct and to hold them accountable. However, if story is true, he may have just lost a lot of respect from his teammates. I can imagine some of the others, especially those that also were not part of the issue and thus "unfairly" punished, saying "why do I want to follow this guy? When the going got tough, he quit. Screw him, he's no leader, nor team player".

So if true, and he comes back, he may have to earn everyone's respect again, because, simply put, you do not quit on teammates and expect to easily come back from it. So in a way, I'm hoping this story is incorrect and he left for a reason that, if he returns, would seem more acceptable to his teammates. Just my 2 cents....
I agree. I believe if these are the facts regarding he wanting out and desire to comeback I'd like the team to have some input in the decision. More than likely AG will make the final decision. Ideally I'd leave it up to the captains, but I don't think the captains have been named yet for the returning team. True Team plus one...