Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2017, 04:26 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 3,787 Times in 1,933 Posts
Avid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jack72 View Post
Miller, nor any coach in his position, cannot wait when the job they want, and are offered comes open. He had to take it now, or maybe forever hold his piece. Archie felt he was ready, the school he wanted offered big bucks, so what's to debate?
That's fine if that is all there is to it. But taking IU with all that goes with it is no easy chore. So several of you think because the opportunity opened up he should have taken it, which he did. But what happens if you don't meet their expectations and the leash is short then you find yourself on the out side with far less opportunities, vs waiting for more experience to survive that opportunity and become the next BK.

To me he will either be the savior to bring back their golden years or just another so so coach who couldn't deliver. All I'm saying is I felt he needed more time to prepare for the IU job. Hope I'm wrong but looking back at OP, BG don't see where their moves worked out for the better.