Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: 2017-18 season
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2017, 02:49 PM
Major General

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,418 Posts
m21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Gazoo View Post
I've already explained why it's about race. It's because if DD was a white sophomore, and got beat on every single drive (which he did as a sophomore), the answer would NOT be that he's slow. But not RM. It's not about being smart (as his coach said) or late reaction to situations (as his coach said) or poor positioning (as his coach said), it's because he's slow.

Food for thought: maybe it's about positioning, being smarter, and being in better position. You know, the stuff his coach said. Then your "eyes" would tell you he's not nearly as slow as you think he is.

Is he as quick as DD? Highly doubtful, DD is 6'4" and RM is 6'8" so he's got the deck stacked against him. All I'm saying is his coach -- the guy who sees him in practice every day and gets paid millions to coach -- said it's about being smarter and better positioning. I don't recall his coach (but use the Google to correct me here) saying "RM is at a big disadvantage because his foot speed is poor." Maybe he did.

There it is, the natural end to debate. It's the UDPride equivalent of Goodwin's law.
Well I am done with this as well. If RM was black, I would still be saying he is slow and unathletic. If DD was white, I would still think his issues were not from lack of talent, just lack of effort. Unlike you, I do not look at the stereotype of the athletes when I watch them play. If you are going to continue to make this about race, when for me it doesn't apply, then I can no longer have a healthy debate or conversation about the topic.