Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2017, 10:49 AM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,358 Times in 2,463 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Flyers98 View Post
The biggest difference between X, Gonzaga, Butler, WSU and Dayton is players. We do what we do with 3 star and lower. All of those teams have put players in the NBA in the last five years and will continue to do so, and when I say put players in the NBA I mean players who are drafted and play, not who make a team as an undrafted FA or late season roster expansion. The next step is to start getting players at UD who are a notch higher. At that point things start to snowball. Good players come and win, which makes other good players come, etc...

This is not a knock on our players or coaches. The development has been good but at some point God given ability means something too.
And we need to keep as many of our current recruits as possible so we can build on that group. I believe AG will be a better recruiter than Archie, who was good. The next step forward will need the current group as a solid foundation.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to BeckysTXA For This Totally Excellent Post:
Dogdaddy (04-03-2017), FLYER5 (04-03-2017)