User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: Dayton to AAC?
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2017, 09:34 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 4,604 Times in 2,850 Posts
UACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Only men's BB

Originally Posted by BRob2Perryman3 View Post
How many UD sports operate in the black? Outside of Men's basketball what sports operate in the black? Maybe Women's Volleyball? i would GUESS that men's basketball for all tense and purposes supports the entire athletic program. UD should outright drop football and cut the fat.

I will say i am entirely ignorant of how this stuff works financially, but in the end, UD basketball is what supports the whole department right?
UD is very fortunate that men's BB is such a cash cow. But even with that BB provides only about 1/3, roughly, of UD's $20+ million athletics budget and operates in the black. The fact that all other sports are subsidized isn't an issue. A sports program is considered a necessity by all schools.

The issue with FBS FB is that it's so very, very expensive for so many reasons. UD's entire non-schollie FB program costs only about $1 million. An FBS program can cost 10x, 20x, 30x... that. The cost of FBS FB is in a class by itself as regards college athletics. You need large TX and TV revenue to come close to making ends meet. The MAC, for example, has neither.
Mad Props to UACFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
MD Flyer Pride (04-09-2017)