Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: Frustrated
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2017, 01:17 PM
Major General

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,418 Posts
m21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UDGutter2 View Post
Quite honestly, my being upset with Archie has less to do with him leaving and more to do with how he left. I don't mean how he said he'd be at Dayton as long as they would have him, I mean by mentally checking out before the GW game. In my opinion, and that of other college BB fans, including IU fans, he left UD shortly after the VCU game. Had he mentally coached UD the remainder of the season, it may have led to a higher seed or better 1st round matchup, and who knows where that would have led. His perception of UD not being able to compete became reality because he gave up and was ready to move on. Again, just my opinion and that of other fans, not just UD, and I have no problem if you disagree.
I don't think Archie checked out after the VCU game, the team checked out after the VCU game. Archie mentioned in the post game that he worried about the team clenching when they did. I love these seniors, but the last 3 games the seniors played with no sense of urgency at all. If anyone mentally checked out the last few games it was them. IU didn't even open up until the day before we played WSU. While we lost, I didn't think Archie coached any differently or had checked out. I think many here are just upset he left and trying to blame Archie with how things ended.