User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: Crosby
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2017, 11:03 AM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,394 Times in 2,479 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Lowd&ProUD View Post
After sleeping on this, there are more details I can share without throwing anyone under the bus.

Again, I'm not saying this happened. Someone with ties to the program is telling this story.

Story goes like this: Multiple players blew off multiple classes. AG found out and called a team meeting. Had them run. And run. And run some more. At some point during all the running, Crosby had enough.

My hunch is that Crosby was not one of the players that skipped classes, hence why he took special offense. But that's total speculation on my part.

My first thought when I heard the story was that once he finds out the market for his services aren't what he wants, and once he reminds himself we are without a pg, he might be enticed to come back and beg for his spot back.

And now here we are with rumors of his return. Makes me think the story might have some elements of truth to it.
Most coaches discipline the entire team when something like this happens. It promotes the team leaders and the entire team to self-discipline from within. Several years ago one of the volleyball players came home a little too loud after a night out. She wasn't trying to cause trouble, but she was loud. Neighbors called campus security. Coach was notified of the issue. Team enjoyed 5 am practices for about two weeks because of it.
Mad Props to BeckysTXA For This Totally Excellent Post:
Glen Clark (05-04-2017)