Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2018, 01:01 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,367 Times in 537 Posts
MNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Gazoo View Post
So we got little out of it, and he appears to have gotten little out of it. And we're all supposed to cheer?
Short answer: If you are a Flyer fan - then yes.

Long Answer: I still don't have a clear understanding of what he did wrong (other than not finishing class). In terms of leaving early - he ended up with an NBA contract (albeit a 2-Way - which we would celebrate all night if his name was Scoochie). If you offered each of our current players a 2-way contract with an NBA team if they left right now, I feel very confident some of them would take you up on that. Yes - he needs time to develop. His options were to either do that in Dayton for free (plus going to class) or get paid to develop under the supervision of an NBA team. I really can't find fault in either choice depending on the player.

If 5 years from now he's playing in Greece we can all look back and talk about the "what-ifs". But so far all he's done is do everything his "fans" say he can't.

He won't get drafted. He won't get a contract. Check and check.

He's a former Flyer who is trying to make his dreams come true. And so far he's doing that. I cannot understand why a fan of the Dayton Flyers wouldn't want that for him and celebrate progress towards those goals.
9 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to MNFats For This Totally Excellent Post:
bigudfan (07-17-2018), Flyer 86 (07-18-2018), fuz_forward (07-17-2018), jack72 (07-17-2018), Lifelong Flyer Fan (07-17-2018), San Diego Flyer (07-17-2018), sheg (07-17-2018), The Fly (07-17-2018), ud2 (07-18-2018)