Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2018, 09:34 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,223 Times in 585 Posts
CvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Buckleyma View Post
If Crosby is just now signing then it continues to give me hope for the last scholarship available at Dayton. We still have until 08/21 which is the last day for registration for the fall classes. Dayton needs someone who can get rebound to be inserted into the roster. If Cunningham goes down by fouling out or, forbid, by injury then our rebounder will be a guard by the name of Landers. Also, we all agree that Cunningham is a beast. But, at 6’6” plus a little, he will be giving up 3 to 4 inches in leverage every night. There must be a guy, in a situation like Crosby, out there who can rebound.
Posted via Mobile Device
As you stated above, Crosby's signing gives you hope that we could fill the last scholarship available for 2018 with a big that could relieve Cunningham to rebound and score if needed providing they transfer by 8/21 and register for fall classes.
So, I went to the 2018 transfer thread and on page 3 it gives a complete list by position and shows whether a player has to sit or whether they are a grad or a RS and are immediately eligible! There are still about 14 bigs with immediate eligibility. I went to you tube to see if any of them had potential to be of help to us for one season!

The two players that I liked the most were Red Shirt seniors Ibrahim Sylla, 6'8" 220lbs from Northern Colorado and Brent Hibbitts, 6'8" 210lbs from Michigan. Hibbitts was a teammate of Ibi Watson last season so AG could ask Watson for his opinion and Sylla, who can jump out of the gym, is a great rebounder who loves to dunk the ball and was a big star coming out of high school. Check out his you tube videos! He would be great for one years service in 2018 to be in the mix with Obi and Frankie!
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CvilleFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (08-15-2018), jack72 (08-15-2018)