Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2017, 02:55 PM
Major General

Thanked 1,912 Times in 1,082 Posts
NJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by C-time View Post
Nederlander owns the arena but wants the city/county to assist in funding the project. The 200 million number was for a renovation, but Nederlander has said they really want to tear the whole thing down and build a new arena which would be more like 350 million. There is no way a tax to fund the project would pass in my opinion and I'm 99% sure that no renovation or new arena gets done.

My guess is that the NCAA will move the games to Columbus, Louisville, or Indianapolis. I simply think the days of UD arena hosting 1st and 2nd round games are over.
The city/county has stated they own enough stadiums (or at least own a share of the $$$ required to support them). Hence they are not too excited about adding another liability to their ledger.

Some of the renovations that were discussed is providing new lux boxes inside, so the poor and middle class can help pick up the tab for the rich to sit in them there boxes ... (yes there is a fee/ticket cost but does it cover the expense to build and maintain ????).