User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2017, 12:57 PM
1st Lieutenant

Pikaar Modeling Agency is a glorious beacon of lightPikaar Modeling Agency is a glorious beacon of lightPikaar Modeling Agency is a glorious beacon of lightPikaar Modeling Agency is a glorious beacon of lightPikaar Modeling Agency is a glorious beacon of lightPikaar Modeling Agency is a glorious beacon of light
Who did it right?

Response to your comments in total UD Tradition. Who has departed a job correctly for another job in the business of coaching? I disagree with a substantial amount of your content, but respectfully want to know an example of one who you feel got it right. What factors make it right? When you announce your departure? How much talent you leave for the program in your wake? How much praise you heap on, and when you do it for your former employer?

Have you ever left a job? I hope you followed your own blueprint.

Originally Posted by UDTradition View Post
I'm not trying to get into an argument, just offering my opinion.

Regarding St. Louis - It was not my point that Crews did great and then left the cupboard bare. Plane and simple, he left the cupboard bare. Plane and simple, if the freshman leave then Archie left the cupboard bare. Next year (2017-18), if St. Louis plays the new great recruiting class (Freshman)...they are unlikely to have a great season because they will be loaded with Freshman. IMHO UD is unlikely to do much better, in fact, they may not have the freshman and it could be worse.

For Travis Ford it got worse because they had at least 2 solid recruits transfer when Crews got fired. Travis Ford suffered through last season and is likely to limp through next season... Your opinion is that he will have the beginning of a solid team in 2018-19. Bottom line is that Ford suffered for at least 2 seasons because of poor recruiting and freshman transferring. That is my point.

Archie should be acknowledged for returning UD's basketball respect. However, he is leaving UD with a 4 year recruiting mess that might get worse if his poorly timed exit results in another blown recruiting class. Here is Archie's resume...the freshman class of 2014 (only DD), 2015(5 players but the book is still out), 2016 (only Trey) and 2017 (your guess is as better than mine). This is the legacy of a legendary coach?