Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2016, 02:59 PM
I Am A Statistical God

Thanked 6,162 Times in 2,320 Posts
Figgie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond repute
Quotes from Syracuse News Conference:

Originally Posted by Jim Boeheim
JIM BOEHEIM: We're happy to be here. This team has worked very, very hard this year, and we're excited to be in the tournament and to be playing a team like Dayton that obviously is a tremendous basketball team. We have an experience with them two years ago, and know how good they are. And then I think they won one of the toughest conferences this year in the country. So we have tremendous respect for them and know just how good they are.
Originally Posted by Jim Boeheim
Q. Allen Griffin is a guy you really embraced. He played for you. He was on your staff and you helped him get the job at Dayton. What is it about this guy?

JIM BOEHEIM: I love Allen Griffin. He's the best. He's rooting for Dayton, trust me, but there's a little part of him inside that's he's got Orange, don't worry, you know that. The most unique thing, Allen Griffin started as a sophomore, had a pretty good year. His junior year I sat him, I started somebody else. And that normally is transfer or I hate you, I'm not going to ever do anything for you. He worked right through it and ended up contributing, making a big contribution that year after that. And he's one of the best I've ever had. And when I knew there was an opening, I called Archie and I said 'this is a guy that would be an absolute great coach for you' and I think he has been, I think he's one of the best ever.
Originally Posted by Student Athletes
Q. Going back to 2014, what do you remember about that game in terms of the way they limited 3-point shooting. And it's a lot of the same guys a
lot of the same players you'll be facing what do you remember about that game and how hard it was to get good shots around the arc?

MICHAEL GBINIJE: We have to take what the defense gives us. They were trying to run us off the line, you've got to attack the basket strong and eventually that will open up the 3-point shot.

TREVOR COONEY: They're a really good defensive team and that's what they're known for. I think we're able to get the movement that we want to get and getting in the lane and make plays, we'll get the shots we want.