Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2017, 08:37 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,020 Times in 479 Posts
Flyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by DallasFlyer View Post
From what I understand, Gregg Marshall isn't the easiest guy to deal with. He's a heck of a coach though.

From Sports Illustrated’s Pete Thamel:

“Multiple athletic directors who’ve explored him as a candidate over the years have come away squeamish, as he’s as overbearing as he is talented. (Texas officials didn’t even kick the tires, which should tell you something.) Marshall’s lack of self-awareness would make the jump from the backwoods of the Valley to the fishbowl of Bloomington a potentially untenable leap. Indiana is one of the few places that could pony up the $4 million annual salary likely needed to pay Marshall, but if Tom Crean’s personality wore on people here, it’s hard to imagine Marshall would be received better.”

http://albersangle.com/indiana-baske...-candidates/4/
Winning solves everything. If i recall correctly, Indiana used to have a coach that wasn't exactly a teddy bear. But he won an awful lot of basketball games and is still viewed as a God there. In fact, the firing of Crean is practically a yearning to get back to the days of Bobby Knight. I love that Indiana thought that Crean's personality was 'a bit much'. Kind of hilarious when put into the full context of the history of Indiana basketball coaches.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Flyer'95 For This Totally Excellent Post:
DallasFlyer (03-21-2017), ruechalgrin (03-21-2017)