Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2017, 01:36 AM
General

Thanked 3,923 Times in 2,155 Posts
OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
agree that it won't make that much of a difference.

In regards to the Clemson and Georgia Techs of the world I'm not sure it'll make much of a difference. The ACC is going to 20 games next year, the Big 10 is talking about it and I'm sure the discussion will start with the PAC 12.

The cake is already baked for most of those schools in OOC. Take Clemson and Georgia Tech. With 20 ACC games, the ACC/B10 challenge and a yearly in state SEC rivalry game (South Carolina/Georgia) they have 22 games locked in every year. Through in an exempt tourney and it's conceivable those two schools never play on the road outside of the Challenge and their SEC rivals indefinitely.

I suspect with the conference challenges, OOC rivalry games and neutral court games (exempt tourney or yearly events like Champions Classic, Crossroads Classic, CBS Sports Classic, etc.) that with the 20 game schedule the majority of the ACC or Big 10 will never set foot on a non Power 5/Big East outside of a UConn again.

It's crazy how we've moved from a world in the mid 2000s when OOC was almost 50% of a teams schedule (at one point Dayton was playing 13 OOC & 14 A10 games) to conference play being 2/3 of the schedule