User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: Ddn /whio
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2018, 07:12 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 9,814 Times in 4,075 Posts
shocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Gazoo View Post
To me, "benched" = poor attitude, getting in a shouting match with a coach, get an F on a test. It's not shooting poorly from 3. You can certainly be placed on the bench for poor performance, or having your head in the clouds and getting lost on defense, or being in poor rebounding position. To me that's "having your minutes cut because of performance."

Definitionally I'm saying "benched" to me is "put your punk-arse on the pine until you get right, son." That's different from "you need to put in more work in the film room and improve." I'm saying there is no evidence XW has been "benched" under this definition.
Definitions or not...XW got the pine again against Richmond after two plays. Both involved long and lazy passes cover the middle. One was in the first half when he threw one from, IIRC, the right side of the court to the left wing where it was promptly intercepted for a transition break. The second was a half assed pass from the right block, cross court, to the perimeter where it was snatched. Both passes were lazy. That's why he was parked.

So...it seems as though AG is rewarding effort more than results. Svoboda got minutes against Richmond because he was providing effort and he had some positive offensive possessions. He also got those minutes because X had mental mistakes as listed above.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to shocka43 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (01-11-2018), m21eagle45 (01-11-2018), THirt (01-11-2018)