Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2016, 01:19 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 15,911 Times in 6,995 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
and another thing...

3 seconds...

Had some idiot dad in the front row today giving me the business about calling 3 seconds on the other team. Scenario: Opponent shoots and misses....gets offensive rebound, pump fakes, shoots and misses...gets another offensive rebound, shoots and misses...repeat, repeat...ball knocked out of bounds on sideline right in front of loudmouth dad who continues to yell at me about calling 3 seconds and how one player was in the lane for 15 seconds. UGH!

Quietly, but loud enough for everyone around him to hear, I look him in the eye and say '3 seconds stops when the shot begins and a player can spend 20 seconds in the lane if they keep getting rebounds. Read the rulebook and you'd know this.' He broke eye contact with me, turned his head the other direction and started talking to him mom (or his really ugly wife, I'm not sure). Never heard another word from him the rest of the game.

I really hate stupid.
Chris R (12-31-2016), ClaytonFlyerFan (12-31-2016), ruechalgrin (12-31-2016), springborofan (01-01-2017)