Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: Trouble brewing
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2018, 12:22 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,367 Times in 537 Posts
MNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UD_Earl View Post
To some Indiana may be a better job, just ask all of the coaches that have been fired there over the years if they agree. Bigger is not always better. Is Indiana a better "job" than Gonzaga? I have to wonder if Archie is really happier at Indiana. He might be able to recruit at a higher level there, but does that make it a better "job"? Only he knows right now. I watched a video of Archie speaking to the Indiana home crowd after the senior night loss last week - something looked and felt off about it. In my opinion, Archie and Dayton were a very good match - the undersized point guard coaching the underdog. To me, something does not fit with Archie and Indiana. Maybe time will prove me wrong, but I think he had a really good job and left for what he thought might be a better job. Let's see how he feels in a few years. I wonder what Tom Crean would say?
That's all fair. In my opinion Indiana is one of a few jobs that still stands above the rest. I base that on their history and on their current fan support.

It may end up not working out for Archie there, but I was speaking more to the idea that he said he would never leave. I guess I never heard that in his statements. He said a lot of things about being happy here and wanting to be here, but doesn't mean he can't want to be somewhere else too.

Even as he made those comments we all knew it was coming. Doesn't mean it wasn't a punch to the crotch when it actually did.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to MNFats For This Totally Excellent Post:
rollo (02-28-2018), T-Bone 84 (02-28-2018)