Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2018, 09:52 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,329 Times in 1,078 Posts
longtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bcross View Post
He gets three years to accomplish what exactly? Outside of two more seasons like this one, it's hard for me to see the same crowd that criticizes anyone who posts something negative about AG actually calling for his job.
What don't you understand about the post? He gets the SAME BENEFIT OF 3 YEARS TO BRING IN HIS PLAYERS and BUILD HIS SYSTEM AROUND HIS RECRUITS that nearly all division 1 coaches get, including our previous coaches. It's called patience. AG deserves and will get at MINIMUM, 3 years to institute his system. Calling for him to be fired after 1 year is ridiculously idiotic, immature and will not happen.

If you feel that's not fair, don't have the patience, that's fine. Go follow IU. I have followed UD since I was a 6 year old in 1967. I've seen plenty of good years and some bad ones. I've seen a HOF coach get screwed over and bad coach that replaced him get fired. I saw another coach rebuild the program and his successor take it a bit higher but never achieved the success of our last coach (who said all the right things about building something special but in the end was just all talk).

I really like the current coach because he was coached by the HOF coach, coached with another soon to be HOF coach (BD) and has largely been successful. And I add - AG seems to have the integrity that I admired in DD and BG - sadly missing recently. And I may be wrong but I don't think he's looking to use UD to springboard his career. So this coach deserves a chance. I'll wait for the right kind of success that will come.