Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2018, 04:39 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,933 Times in 910 Posts
SLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by shwag33 View Post
Would the remnants be any worse than what is currently in the A10? VCU would most likely move. URI/SLU are the only one's I'd put in the 'good' category perhaps richmond. Teams like St. Joes etc have success but not the support/money.
That's kind of my point and why we probably stay put. If the remnants aren't any worse, perhaps just lateral, and with the uncertainty of the rest of the AAC members, I think it's probably prudent to stay put in the A10 - for now. It might be better, certainly appears to be, for a couple of years. But the shuffle could leave us scrambling for whatever the best offer is THEN. It's easy to say we could always just crawl back to the A10, but is that really the kind of message we want to send? UD's principals and commitment is above that, as one who is constantly looking for the prettier girl. When/IF UD makes a move, it will be for something that appears to be longer term, with similar institutions who share the same commitment.

I don't share the same opinion or perspective as OSU Flyer re: the AAC and football. I think there's imminent football shuffling in the next 2 to 3 years, regardless of the Big 12's snub at any of these football programs. And any shuffling related to football is likely to include ripple effects within the AAC. It's not like their football programs consist of the annual ugly ducklings. They have programs that have both historically and recently been extremely competitive with Top 25 teams. Cincy, UConn, Memphis, Houston ALL have had respectable success.