User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: Frustrated
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2017, 10:12 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 9,814 Times in 4,075 Posts
shocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by IndianaFlyer View Post
My frustration has everything to do with archie, and nothing to do with Coach Grant. I was gullible enough to believe all the coach speak, but in reality, he had no loyalty to the university, the program or his players. He bailed, leaving the program and Coach Grant in a terrible position with 5 new recruits coming in. Three million a year at a school he claimed to love wasn't enough. There are few men who honor commitments and contracts left in the world of coaching men's college basketball. Down deep I knew this, I was just hoping archie was different.
Hate to say it, but you and other's were going to have those same feelings this year, or any other year that he decided to part ways. Obviously money isn't the issue. The realistic ability to compete for national titles. Can UD get there? Yes. Realistically, year after year and decade after decade? No.

Nothing wrong with being ticked, but business is business. I don't know anyone who wants to retain a job that doesn't come out in full support of his current job or boss. Nothing different from Archie versus some dude wanting to climb the ladder in sales...only to leave for another job with a higher ceiling. It is what it is.
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to shocka43 For This Totally Excellent Post:
AC91 (04-17-2017), m21eagle45 (04-17-2017), Phi Psi Flyer '09 (04-17-2017), Tony T 71 (04-17-2017)