Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: Frustrated
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2017, 10:48 AM
Colonel

Thanked 1,367 Times in 537 Posts
MNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by IndianaFlyer View Post
My frustration has everything to do with archie, and nothing to do with Coach Grant. I was gullible enough to believe all the coach speak, but in reality, he had no loyalty to the university, the program or his players. He bailed, leaving the program and Coach Grant in a terrible position with 5 new recruits coming in. Three million a year at a school he claimed to love wasn't enough. There are few men who honor commitments and contracts left in the world of coaching men's college basketball. Down deep I knew this, I was just hoping archie was different.
The timing sucks. Big time. Losing 4 seniors. Losing our coach (and at least some of his staff). Losing at least 2 recruits (probably more). Having five scholarships to fill (this would have been much easier last year if we only had one recruit to worry about). And all of this happening just as we are starting to feel like we are going to break through into that next level of teams.

I get that. I really do. All of that sucks. However, If I hear one more person talking about honoring commitments I am going to throw up. And not just a little. I am going to projectile vomit all over the walls.

What made AM great while he was here is the same thing that made him leave. He is a competitive SOB and wants to win all the time. He wants to be remembered as an all-time great. Do you know who won't be remembered as an all-time great? Mark Few and Gregg Marshall to name a couple. Great coaches...but not coaches my grandchildren will know about. You need to win Championships (plural) and that was less likely to happen here. He gave us 6 years. So instead of whining about commitments (when all of us change jobs more often that every 6 years) I wish we could all appreciate what we have with this program. Thank AM for leaving it in a better place than he found it, and put our energy behind AG.

You don't seem to mind that our current coach just abandoned his job responsibilities a couple of weeks before the playoffs. So stop it with the honoring commitments BS.
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to MNFats For This Totally Excellent Post:
cralford (04-17-2017), Flyer 86 (04-17-2017), OSU Flyer (04-17-2017), Phi Psi Flyer '09 (04-17-2017), UDTradition (04-17-2017)