Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2016, 02:33 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 6,634 Times in 3,033 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 224 View Post
As an example, look at these comparable schools versus teams on our schedule: Schedule OU (projected RPI 84) instead of East Tenn St (projected RPI 77). Or Akron (projected RPI 90) instead of Winthrop (projected RPI 100). Youngstown State (projected RPI 264) over Austin Peay (projected RPI 256). Or literally anyone over RPI anchor VMI (projected 346). Miami is projected at 286, would you rather not play them?
To beat a dead horse, the East Tennessee State and Winthrop games were buy games (and pretty good ones). I'm not sure whether you are suggesting that OU and Akron (and Miami) would be willing to play us in buy games, or that we should give them home-and-homes. And I'm guessing we purposely scheduled a weak team for Dec 23, since we play Vanderbilt on Dec 21. It's tough to squeeze games in around Christmas, especially with the A-10 schedule starting Dec 30. Also, I believe we normally try to schedule a weak team the Saturday after finals, but the Northwestern game was too good to turn down.