Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2017, 03:19 PM
Major General

Thanked 1,736 Times in 1,010 Posts
steve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CT Flyer View Post
I don't think anyone is asking you to grade it based on results, the poll is looking to see how we rate the potential impact of the class based on the information available from all of the recruiting sources out there. It's no different than what the recruiting services do when they say a school had a top ## recruiting class this year. Of course we don't know if that's going to be the case or not but based on information right now you can judge how you think it is. If we had a class of all 2 star or not rated recruits vs. what we have with a few 3 stars I think most would be able to say one is better than the other. Have some fun and join in and take a stab at what you think of this recruiting class, its what we do on a message board. And no one is going to hold you to this vote four years from now...................................unless you're wrong.
You still can't grade it. How can you even grade "potential" as you state? Based on the offers/ lack of, the committed school(s) 1-2 were committed to, and maybe 2-3 that are real projects, I'd give it a thumbs down but I know that's not how it really works. After all, we can really only look at it on paper right now. Multiple kids don't play AAU, don't play in the AS games, therefore, and don't get ranked really high.

I think the false disclaimer here is that people are all excited that UD actually got real "bodies" in and we're really excited from that standpoint as we should be. The key is development and I don't think there's a person on this site that would question their development if Archie was still here because we saw lots of development. With AG, it's still TBD but I'm confident because I really like AG.

Last edited by steve; 05-18-2017 at 03:23 PM..