Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2018, 08:19 AM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rollo View Post
FWIW...

UD v Akron...we trailed 37-32 at halftime and won 73-60...thanks to Svoboda's 9 pts, 4 rbs and 3 assists. http://www.espn.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=400989813

X1, Svoboda 1.

He had a couple other good games in losses, but overall I would take Svoboda and his off-the-bench attitude over XW and his NBA-dreams any and every day of the week. And obviously Grant agrees with the Royal braintrust.
Well Okay then, when comparing him to XW, I'd rather have him in the locker room than a disruptive presence. I already said that. However, when comparing him to a player that can help us win and get to the dance, I say put him on the bench right next to the walk-ons. Players like Svoboda aren't going to help us get back to the basketball standards that Archie set. Yes I said it. My prediction is he's just scholarship player glued to the bench on a successful team. If the team does revert back to the JOB years, he'll probably get more playing time.