User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2018, 08:23 PM
Captain

sopaw10 has much to be proud ofsopaw10 has much to be proud ofsopaw10 has much to be proud ofsopaw10 has much to be proud ofsopaw10 has much to be proud ofsopaw10 has much to be proud ofsopaw10 has much to be proud ofsopaw10 has much to be proud ofsopaw10 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Smitty10 View Post
Not siding, just stating a fact. Svoboda was the least productive player that ever got the kind of minutes he did that I can remember playing at UD. He was record bad. XW contributed to at least one win. Snap back to reality and you can see it regardless of your hatred. If you asked me who I prefer back next year between the two I would say if what has been said about X is true, I'd prefer Svoboda. That doesn't change the facts, I live in reality.
First of all, don’t project hatred on my part. I don’t hate X. I just see him as a quitter who put his own self interest above that of his teammates.

I never said I hate him for it. I have coached, and guys like X are not all that unusual. But they are a cancer on a team that undermines the chances of winning in ways that cannot be measured in baskets and rebounds. That is the reality.

Did X hit a couple of shots that contributed to a win? Possibly. But Svoboda apparently did what was asked and contributed in practice. He certainly did not diminish the culture and atmosphere in the way that X seems to have done. Might have made his teammates better, and didn’t seem to have been a distraction for them in the way his counterpart seems to have been.

You accuse me of living outside of reality. When in reality, I am just looking at the bigger picture you have ignored. Wins and losses result from more than in game statistics. To think otherwise is shortsighted on your part.

I am not loooking at Matej through rose colored glasses. He brought little to the table, and was a disappointment in light of what was expected. But all in all, considering X’s selfishness and disruption, along with a handful of rebounds and a few made baskets, juxtaposed with Matej’s unimpressive stat line, and hard work while supporting his teammates, I contend Svaboda did more to contribute to wins.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to sopaw10 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (03-10-2018), TXFlyerFan (03-09-2018)