Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2017, 11:52 AM
Colonel

Thanked 1,367 Times in 537 Posts
MNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TheDuke2003 View Post
I hope one of them make it, then i'll have a reason to root for an NBA team and pay attention before the playoffs again.
My opinion - Cooke has a significantly better chance to make the team given what we know today.

In Boston - they have a ton of guards under contract (Thomas, Rozier, Smart, Bradley, Jackson) and they drafted a PG last night. Scooch is an all-time favorite of mine, but I think his best chance at the NBA is a great Summer League showing and another team picking him up. Just not sure how he makes the roster in Boston. May have to prove himself this season overseas or in the D-League.

Cooke seems to be in a better situation. As far as wing players go - Wolves have Wiggins and Butler, but after them there is nobody under contract for next year. They could have up to $20M in cap money to spend (if they don't pick up the option on Shabazz and get medical relief from Pekovic's contract) - some of which would certainly be spent on a 3rd wing player who can contribute significant minutes off the bench, but there would be room for a guy like Cooke to provide depth at that spot.