Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: Duquesne Win
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2018, 01:15 AM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by T-Bone 84 View Post
Sorry to hear about X's attitude. Sounds like he might need what I like to call a “Cranial Rectalectomy”. Use your imagination.

Glad to know that Coach isn't putting up with it. He’s got enough problems this season. He doesn’t need problem children.
This is the problem when you change coaches and systems. Add on that the NCAA doesn't wave the transfer rule for change of coaches and you're going to get this kind of stuff.

AG needed everyone possible to return. He didn't have time to go find what he really wanted. And I'm guessing he did a sell job on all of them with the only concern being keeping them. Juniors and Seniors get the short end of the stick especially because they now have to weight sitting a year or taking a chance with a coach they had no choice in. AG isn't looking at all of them as players he can fit into his system, he's looking at some of them as place holders. You can't really blame AG because if he was being completely honest with them as far as fitting into what he's really looking for there's the risk of not being able to field a real D1 basketball team.

It's just not a good situation all around. I think the NCAA needs to wave the rule under these circumstances. This way coaches can be more honest with the players he might inherit and also there will be a bigger pool of players from other teams that have coaching changes to fill his roster with.

I just can't fully blame a player for having his college career turned upside down due to things outside his control. I'm not blaming AG either, I blame the NCAA for not having a rule that states that a change in coaching allows a player to transfer and become immediately eligible to play.