Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2018, 08:24 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 4,600 Times in 2,847 Posts
UACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Understood...

Originally Posted by CE80 View Post
I thought that is what I was saying but in my typical sarcastic, obnoxious way. Can you imagine if Archie took the OSU job? Dayton to Columbus would be an easier commute than Kinston to Cbus but I can't imagine many of the Flyer Faithful being that understanding and kind to Morgan.
Entirely understandable. The issue is the relationship difference. Men's basketball is a life-and-death matter for our U and the Faithful...it's our identity..we're spending $70+ million to renovate our building! For us to lose a top coach to an in-state rival like tOSU, X, UC would be all but unbearable.

Nothing could be more different at URI or even UConn. Neither school has a relationship or rivalry with any school even remotely approaching that among the schools mentioned above....or with each other.

It's completely different. I have no idea how this will play out for URI, UConn or the Hurley's. But whatever happens it will bear no resemblance whatsoever to an "Archie-goes-to-Columbus" scenario.

Attitudes toward college athletics in the Northeast is unlike that elsewhere in the Country. Quite laid back in comparison, generally. During Calhoun's ~ 30 tenure UConn BB was blazing hot. But, even then, that was because UConn was winning and always near the top of the heap nationally. CT fans will support a winner; but only a winner. The Faithful supports UD basketball no matter what.

Go Flyers!