Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2019, 11:23 AM
Major General

Thanked 1,912 Times in 1,082 Posts
NJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MNFats View Post
Yikes. You guys must be fun at parties.

I was as angry as anyone last night, but let's keep things in context. Going back to the beginning of the year, how many of us were saying we expect this team to win the A10 tournament ad go to the NCAA's? Only one person can say they did. There was a poll on this website and only 1 person voted we would win the A10 tournament. Two others said we would be an at-large.

http://www.udpride.com/forums/showth...highlight=poll

THE OTHER 90% SAID WE WOULD BE NIT OR WORSE.

There are some strong opinions in here about a team that met or exceeded the expectations of 90% of the fans.

Did expectations change as the year went on? Absolutely - which is why last night was so disappointing. But this team did a lot to be proud of this year.

AG has us moving in the right direction. Last year was hard. Maybe we should have been better, I don't know. There were a lot of Freshmen and dead weight.

This year was significantly better and met my expectations, even if I was angry last night (and a little bit this morning).

Next year? My expectations are sky high. I expect next year to be the year AG puts us back on the national stage. His legacy at UD will be determined by his ability to keep us there beyond next year.
Call it frustration more than anything else. For quite some time this season we have seen a repeat of the very same issues game after game. You can see it coming during a game... so the team got to be no better than what they were at the end of December and more or less no significant growth. Did they accomplish more than some projected? Yes but could it have been more?

Anyways, we always seem to have the same result in this A10T each and every stinking year. Dominate? Kidding right? Even Archie was up-set (was it his last year here?)

Any one saying we should be in another conference is delusional, hell we can't fight our way out of this one. It doesn't matter who the players are or the coach. Blaming it on the coach is interesting since I know of 3 so far that had issues winning in this A10T thingy.