Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2019, 04:26 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 9,816 Times in 4,076 Posts
shocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Buster Goode View Post
For those throwing the pre-season, yes, pre-season expectations out at us, that's a flimsy defense for the shortcomings of this season.

When each of us wrote our pre-season expectations, these were projections based on limited knowledge. You should have the right to adjust expectations after seeing how good we play together or how good Toppin is. That's why you have a group of fans very disappointed at the outcome of the season. My disappointment is recognition of how good this team could really be. Whatever though -- I'm already onto next season, where my expectation is top 25 team assuming our core players are back, obviously including Obi. We are going to get crushed tomorrow night.
I agree in that we are going to be solid next season. I also agree that expectations can be modified as time goes on. With that said...Obi exceeded expectations of some, but there are others who witnessed him at practice last season and knew he was going to be the real deal. Some weren't as surprised as others. Others also expected Frankie to bring at least something to the table. Others also expected Davis to bring more, Jalen to not try and to too much, Josh to meet the possible preseason POY expectations that many had, Matos not to get hurt, etc....

The list can go on and on. For every positive...Obi playing really well and Mikesell having his best season yet...there are just as many, if not more "failing to meet expectations" moments in there as well. Matos injury. Trey missing some time and not being 100% the rest of the way.

Not making excuses for anything, just pointing out that the arguments for modifying expectations goes both ways.
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to shocka43 For This Totally Excellent Post:
flyerfanatic86 (03-19-2019), jack72 (03-19-2019), Lifelong Flyer Fan (03-19-2019), longtimefan (03-19-2019), NJFlyr71 (03-19-2019)