User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: Crosby?
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2017, 12:57 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 2,862 Times in 1,139 Posts
ruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond repute
Objectively, Crosby is playing better offensively. Kenpom offensive rating for Crosby of 95.5 and Crutcher of 91.1 (which is a meaningful difference noting only 6 games so small sample size). Crosby plays better ball and help defense. He rebounds better defensively as well (offensive rebounds are part of offensive kenpom rating).

Crutcher, however, has had his two best offensive games the last two rating 117 versus Auburn and 124 versus Akron. Crosby has had only 7 games in his career at 117+ in offensive rating.

I think AG is forgetting this year largely and developing Crutcher for the next 3 years. Crosby has maxed out (he is better than Crutcher right now but not materially enough to keep him the game), but AG is playing the long-game.

My criticisms of Crutcher are:

(1) Stoping gunning the long 3 early in the shot clock. He is shooting 5-25 or 20% for the year. He has shot more three than everyone on the team except Baby D. and X. I rather see Jordan Davis shooting more than Crutchter. Assume he has the green light because he shoots well in practice, but his shot selection (and timing early in the shot clock) is atrocious.

(2) Stop the floater and go strong to the hoop. I know he is of a slight build, but he is shooting the floater as accurately as his 3 point shooting.

(3) Move your feet on ball defense. Plays defense with hands, gets called, and acts like the refs were wrong. He uses his hands to push off even when he is in good defensive position against a driver.

(4) Crutcher is having a difficult time with weak-side help. I don't understand AG's defensive schemes yet, Archie's pack-line was crystal clear. But I don't see Crutcher providing weak-side help defense effectively. Nor do I see him closing out his player well when the ball is reversed to the player he is guarding.

Saying this, he is 6 games in. He actually has a better offensive rating after 6 games at 91 than Scoochie had for the year at 89.5. Small sample size, but good start. Also trending in the right way.

BTW, Crutcher has had 2/6 game of 120+ offensive rating whereas Scoochie had 9/37 games of 120+ his Freshman year.
Mad Props to ruechalgrin For This Totally Excellent Post:
Radar (11-30-2017)