Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2017, 01:59 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,223 Times in 585 Posts
CvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MNFats View Post
-You forgot to mention that MW is also averaging 5 rebounds (Crutcher = 3.6)
-MW is shooting 53% from the field and 43.5% from 3. Crutcher is 33% and 27% from deep.
- MW is averaging 16 points per game vs Crutcher at 7.

But let's not let facts get in the way...
MNFats, I like McKinley Wright as a player just as much as you do. I was ecstatic when I thought he was coming here. However, we have to play the cards that have been dealt!

I may be wrong but I don't think that jack72 was trying to say that Jalen was just as good as McKinley by making the comparison of minutes, assists and turnovers. Wright was given the keys from the very first game and his Colorado team had their first 6 games at home and were 6-0 against teams with a combined record of 24-24. They lost their only road game this past weekend to Colorado St. and are now 6-1. Colorado plays X at the Cintas Center this Sat. I am anxious to see the results of that game. Besides Wright, they start 3 seniors and a junior transfer from Missouri who averaged 9.6 pts and 5.2 reb for the Tigers. Wright is averaging 31.5 minutes to Crutchers 27.6 minutes (34 and 33 in the past 2 games has pushed that average way up!) Of Jalen's 19 assists, 13 have been in the 3 wins and 6 in the losses. Of his 11 turnovers, 8 have been in the 4 losses and 3 in the wins.

Turnovers are hurting the Flyers more than anything especially the 19 and 26 in the most recent two losses in a row to Auburn and Miss. St. In the first 5 games it was acceptable: 11, 8, 12, 9, and 14. The 19 and 26 are not acceptable! Every turnover could be looked at as a 4 point swing! If I was AG I would set the goal at 10 or below and run their arse off for anything above. Right now, it seems that bad passes and dribbling into traffic has become the norm and it has to stop or the Flyers are in for a long season!

Some things a player cannot control but turnovers and free throws are two that they can! They must improve in both areas.

I think all the freshman are on a big learning curve and we should see improvement with each and every game but we are spoiled because of the past four years and want to see immediate results. Well, it just isn't going to happen overnight! I think Jalen Crutcher will be fine and we will at least be competitive by the time the A-10 conference games start.

Last edited by CvilleFlyer; 12-04-2017 at 02:13 PM..
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CvilleFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (12-04-2017), MNFats (12-04-2017)