Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2017, 10:27 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 15,876 Times in 6,981 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ud69 View Post
This kind of leads into what I thought was Archie's biggest blunder of the night.

Coming out of the under 8 timeout of the second half, 7:51 to be exact, Shockers just turned it over, our ball and the game tied at 43-43. We need a bucket badly. Scoochie has been sitting since the 8:36 mark - as has Pollard. These media timeouts are very long so they both should be rested. However, the team that Archie puts back on the floor - is Crosby, Mikesell, Miller, Cook, and Kyle Davis. As soon as they walked out on the floor I said to the guy next to me - That is not a good lineup. No rebounding and limited offense and overall weak defense.

At that moment I want my best team on the floor for the rest of the game. Archie needs to realize those long timeouts give players a lot of rest - and coach accordingly. It was on this trip up the floor that Miller eschewed the 3 and missed the layup. Mikesell commits a foul on the other end. Archie immediately subs X, Pollard, and Scoochie back into the game. WSU makes 1 of 2 at the line to take the lead - a lead they never gave up the rest of the game. This whole sequence took 30 seconds of game time. I thought it was a very key strategic mistake and the turning point of the game - even allowing for the abysmal shooting and rebounding.
Subs must check in before the 1st horn of a timeout and when I say nobody checking in and heard that 1st horn, I said basically the same thing to my boys only I added a few more #&%$>$&^! to it. Especially after the fouls and re-substitutions. Was the extra 14 seconds of rest necessary?

No.

Royally no.
Flyer 86 (03-18-2017), longtimefan67 (03-18-2017), ud69 (03-18-2017)
Advertisement