User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2017, 10:05 AM
Colonel

Flyer Gramps is a jewel in the roughFlyer Gramps is a jewel in the roughFlyer Gramps is a jewel in the roughFlyer Gramps is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Avid Flyer View Post
There has repeatedly been hints of moving football back on campus to bring in more students. Well we have vball, men's women's soccer right there on campus and draw less than football at welcome.
Thanx Avid for the attendance comparison. A move to a smaller site on campus is mostly an alum thing. Would be nice but as a non-alum/student, Welcome location is fine for me. It don't look good with a small crowd. The nice little turnout that EMU had for their Thursday nite game at NIU didn't look good on TV in that big stadium either. It is what it is, less attended on Thursday, or away or not playoff time.

My complaint since 2006 has to do with atmosphere. And that's UD's fault. They lease a good stadium owned by the City Public Schools & need to clear out after a game. So portable, wheeled, motorized, etc stuff is an answer. I see some nice railing banners on the visitor side naming the college. End zone displays on trailers or air-filled or self-standing flags/banners. One might be amazed how neat Welcome could look!

BTW, for new fathers here, in 2006 the stadium had a smooooooth green carpet, a one-story white painted wood shack for press & coaches and the whole place needed painting! Not a single banner that year! Welcome has seen worse days than today.
Mad Props to Flyer Gramps For This Totally Excellent Post:
Avid Flyer (10-27-2017)