User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2017, 11:32 AM
Brigadier General

FLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SeasonTicketFan View Post
I find it very difficult to compare players of different eras.

I barely remember Hooper, but I saw a bit of Davis, Knight and Smith.

Johnny played when the dunk was illegal, players spent more time on the court than the weight room and sports science is nowhere close to today. Scouting was not as sophisticated then either.

The only way to compare in my opinion is the impact they had on their teams. Johnny had an excellent class to go with him and he turned out to be the spark plug. I think Scoochie benefited from solid teammates as well. Negele had solid teammates but probably played on the weakest overall team.

All three had major impact even though I would put an asterisk next to Knight. I knew he had injuries and I did hear through the grapevine about that class quitting on Donoher.
Don't know why no one has mentioned NK had 2/3 of one great season as a senior. The rest, meh...
Mad Props to FLYER5 For This Totally Excellent Post:
BRob2Perryman3 (05-10-2017)