Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2017, 01:14 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,388 Times in 620 Posts
AC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond repute
well..these last 2 games were the first ones i'vebeen able to sit and watch. stating the obvious, we have not been a very good team. I don't think it's fair to put so much on a fresman PG on a team that has turned it over so much. for the Auburn game and the first 25 minutes of the MSU game, i think you have to put a decent mount of the onus on Josh. he was a turnover machine for a game and a half. don't think it was an accident we started coming back when he started scoring rather than trning it over. And given his competetiveness i'm sure he is being double hard on himself. Also, as impressed in a lot of ways that DD is, i was uncomfortable with him at the top of the key with the ball at the end of the game. I just don't think he has the handle to manage that on a consistent basis. this may go gainst the grain for that end of game situation but i wouldn't have minded seeing the ball move around to get MSU moving. DD got himself in a tough spot and got burned. Anyway on a team like this, you have to look to the upperclassmen. DD has done well, albeit not flawlessly, and Josh needs to play more consistently. getting X back should be a big help. I'm not saying we are going to be world beaters, but i see a team very capable of improving a lot as the season progresses (and we saw glimpses in the 2nd half last night for sure), and we will be very happy on a several nights...and probably have to go through a few more frustrating nights to get there. another thing I do like is that the team does not have quit. gept working against Auburn and last night waas almost a miracle.

i hope this makes sense. it's incomplete but it is my first impression so take it for what it is. tough to go through, but i'm not giving anything up yet.

ps...i hope i never have to be subjected to that SEC announcing team again. horrible.