Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2017, 04:12 PM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by m21eagle45 View Post
I disagree that this will make teams go to play on the road for OOC games. The power 5 can still get many opportunities to play top 100 teams on the road just by completing their conference schedule. If anything, this will make it harder for mid majors because they will have less chances to pick up these wins.
In a way I agree with you. I think it'll make it more lucrative for the bottom of power 5 conferences to play OOC games on the road against team ranked 50 to 75. This could hurt UD as they seem to be in the ranges of 31 to 45 or so. Why would those teams that can't win on the road much in their conference want to come to UD arena to pad their OOC read record? The hope is that the Louisvilles, Notre Dames, etc.. won't be afraid of what losing at UD Arena will do to their status like it would've before.

Even if this is the case, I somehow find it hard to believe that it won't help the bottom power 5 teams get in the dance more than it will help a team like Dayton. The answer will be clear in a couple years. How many teams do the Power conferences get in and how many do the non power conferences get in? My prediction is it either doesn't change or the A10 and similar conferences get less. NCAA decisions are not made these days to help the Daytons of the world at the expense of the Clemsons, Depauls and Georgia Techs.