Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: Bracketology
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2019, 05:26 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,933 Times in 910 Posts
SLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 116 Chambers View Post
With all the bubble teams tanking lately (IU, Lipscomb, Clemson, Arizona St, etc.) combined with the big W at Davidson, I guess we are actually a winning streak away from being a legitimate Last 4 IN. Incredible.
I'd really like to believe that. I may drink some of that if we can rattle off another 2 or 3 in a row COMBINED with some 10/11/12 seeds tanking a little bit.

As mentioned above or in another thread, can't recall since I've been really active in several threads the last few days, I am concerned about the fact that we really have no opportunity to pick up any Quad 1 or Quad 2 wins even if we win the next 6 in a row. Looking at the other teams Joey has us bunched with there, I can't imagine that UtahSt, SanFran, St. Mary's, Lipscomb have too many opportunities for Q1/Q2 wins, short of massive upsets of either the Zags or Nevada. Gtwon, SouthCar and Clemson will have plenty, all of which might come at the expense of other bubble teams too. Clemson has no remaining games against "bubble" teams (not counting Cuse, they're pretty safe). GTown still plays Seton Hall and South Carolina still plays Alabama.

Bubble is so fluid this time of year. Of that list of teams (last 8 out and others considered) probably only half will be in the discussion 10 days from now. Let's take care of business so we're still getting talked about, even if it's only by the pundits and talking heads.