Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2018, 10:21 AM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,405 Times in 2,481 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
As far as expectations are concerned, we will play the toughest schedule ever for the program. 44% of the roster will be freshmen (8 of 18). (The 2019 class only has 2 recruits so I expect some redshirts in the 2018 class.) 67% of the roster this fall will be freshmen-sophomores (12 of 18).

All that said, we also return 7 players who have been solidly in the starting rotation a lot of matches. We have more Top 100 and Top 250 players than ever. We have more All-conference players returning than any other team.

We are VERY young and VERY talented. I expect us to win the conference, but it will be interesting to see if the coaches vote us as the favorite in the preseason.

I also expect us to COMPETE against our tough OOC schedule and knock off someone. However, 8-5 or 7-6 might be our record heading into conference play. I’ll be okay with that if we COMPETE in those losses.

One side note, I’ve heard tOSU’s recruiting class this year wasn’t even top 50. So Dayton won the recruiting battle in Ohio this year.
Mad Props to BeckysTXA For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (05-18-2018)