Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2018, 09:30 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 6,166 Times in 4,198 Posts
ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TommyGola View Post
Well, I tend to agree, but then we must look at why we are so mediocre. Here are some reasons:

1. The tragic death of Big Steve...he would be a dominant junior this year.

2. The loss of Ryan Mikesell for the season.

3. X's greatly diminished game.

4. Coaching change and loss of a key recruit.

5. Senior-laden class last year that left a huge experience void.

6. The lack of development of John Crosby at the point, leaving the role to a
freshman.

Folks, we may indeed be mediocre this year, but given the aforementioned circumstances, we could be much worse off.
I respect your opinion, but the hc is the problem. Even with 1 and 2 present, we would still be struggling IMO. That is why I think Cohill next year is not going to get us over the top. I am not sure that there is anything that could be added to overcome the obstacle of Grant's coaching deficiencies.

Grant is similar to BG, even if half of the starting lineups at UD for both coaches, were 4 star players, I do not think that it would be enough to overcome the deficient coaching schemes that BG and Grant employed/employ, and get us to where we want to go.

Whereas, on the other hand, Archie could take a less than optimal roster, and get us to where we want to go.

Last edited by ud2; 01-29-2018 at 09:52 AM..