Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2021, 11:11 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,373 Times in 1,109 Posts
longtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond repute
The only reason that the Knicks front office hasn’t already fired Thibideau is because he was COY last year (only reason he got that award was because they were basement dweller the previous years). Thibideau consistently has said Obi is a defensive liability and isn’t a strong outside shooter. He only puts Obi in when he HAS to, and generally that means giving Randle a 6-7 minute break each half- usually near the end of the 1st and 3rd quarters going about 6 minutes into the 2nd and 4th quarters respectively - for an average of 12-14 minutes per game. Obi has been jawing at Thibideau in recent weeks showing the frustration and displeasure of those decisions and it seemed to work for a few weeks culminating in a 19 point/10 rebound game for Obi. That was his last game before going into covid protocols.

I know Obi wants to stay in New York so the question is: who leaves first- Obi or (a fired) Thibideau? I say it’ll likely be Obi. But if the Knicks lose another 8/10 games in the next few weeks, you never know. I’d like to see Obi go ANYWHERE that he could get quality mins.