Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2021, 03:36 PM
Commander in Chief

Thanked 10,568 Times in 5,077 Posts
Fudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Fudd View Post
Randle is a good player, but he is a good player with a huge contract now. He is not being challenged to play hard, IMO. He would be a lot better giving 25 minutes of hard play than 35 minutes of jogging up and down the court with a "too cool for school" attitude. He is bogging down the team play with his lethargic play, IMO.

I think this is what maddens the NYK fans. They know that Obi moves constantly and passes well/unselfishly. That helps the whole offense. Obi-style makes the game beautiful and tends to spread the wealth and make everyone better.

Obi still has some weaknesses, but I think Thibs needs to cut Randle minutes while challenging him to play hard in those minutes. Get Obi on the floor more and reward the team-first style of play.
Originally Posted by Radar View Post
You do realize this is the NBA don't you?
Yeah, I get it. Randle has the four year, 70 million dollar deal and doesn't really have to be cooperative if he does not want to. He may not care unless he thinks it may affect a future contract or make his stay in NY unlivable.

But the team being at the mercy of playing a big contract player who is tanking it and doing things his way might be a worse option.

Last edited by Fudd; 12-30-2021 at 03:39 PM..
Mad Props to Fudd For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (12-30-2021)